Friday, December 4, 2009

Blogger's Block

For the past few weeks I've been in Cairns I haven't blogged. I've done lots of stuff gone out met cool people, won some prizes but haven't been able to put hands to keyboard and put the words on screen. Mainly because for the last few weeks I have been so hungover I cannot focus on a bright screen near my face. If I listen carefully I can actually hear my liver cry out in pain everytime I lift my bottle of beer/cup of goon.

I've decided to 'man up' and put my (sober-ish) thoughts to screen. Since I've been in Cairns I have won two competitions just by dancing on stage I won a white water rafting trip and a trip to Cape Tribulation not bad for 10 minutes work. I'm staying at a hostel called Asylum and every Monday they host a pub crawl they call 'Mad Monday'. It is chaos, last Monday I rugby tackled a sign and was told off by the hostel manager. Not one of my proudest moments. But I did win Mr Backpacker and a trip to Cape Tribulation so it's all good.

Other than the ridiculous amount of alcohol I have drank over the last two weeks I have been chilling out by the pool and lagoon and been job hunting. Job hunting in Cairns is a lot like repeatedly banging your head against an iron bar whilst singing the Bulgarian national anthem. Ultimately an exercise in futility. But I have done a days work shifting carpets about, that would make a grand total of three days worked in Australia. I will aim for a full week one of these days...

Really need to get some transport sorted for going down to Hervey Bay in time for the 22nd December, but you know how it is, someone offers you a beer and before you know it that transport isn't the most important thing on your mind....

Anyways gotta go someone has just offered me a beer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment